The Graves Mountain Campground by Shenandoah National Park – OPEN
Graves Mountain Campground by Shenandoah National Park in the VA Blue Ridge is OPEN 365 days a year. Primitive camping
On an 1100 acre farm of woods, meadows, horses, cattle, and crops – all right under Shenandoah National Park in Madison County, Syria VA,
On 25 acres of meadow and trees, we have camping on a “pick your own place” basis.
Camping and Horse-camping by Shenandoah National Park
NO NEED FOR RESERVATIONS – Eddie, who runs the Stables, will come and collect the fees. Please see the instruction SIGN upon entering the Campground Field for REGISTRATION FORMS and more information.
- This is rough camping, no water or electric hook-ups.
- Water is available to fill tanks, but no continuous hook-ups.
- Toilets available.
- Dump Station on site $40.00 fee for each use.
- Fishing – fly and lure on 2 mountain streams and 2 ponds – all stocked
- Hiking – 20 miles of trails on the farm – hard ascents and easy strolls. Shenandoah Trails are near.
- Horse-back riding and of course horse camping
- Trail Rides along the mountains, through the fields. $40 one hour.
- Pony rides
- All day treks, half day treks.
- Over-night horse camping
- Horse – get to know class
- Farm tour – ask at the main lodge
- Huge pool – seasonal – $5- NOT available during Covid-19 through to July 31. Sorry but pool is fully committed.
- Road biking – we have routes laid out.
- Mountain biking – challenging with rocks and climbs
- Vineyard Tours – four Vineyards with 30 mins. One is just over the hill – DuCard – an excellent experience.
- Craft Brewers tour – four brewers within 30 mins
- Mountain Climbing – with Shenandoah Mountain Guides
- Cascading down mountain streams – with Shenandoah Mountain Guides
- Music Nights around the fire-pit with s’mores – Fri & Sat
- Nature Walks – most Sat mornings – with “In True Nature”.
- Massages – must book ahead
- Touring sights – the historic houses, meandering the byways, Luray Caverns, Skyline Drive
- Antiquing 70,000 sq ft in Ruckersville – 30 mins
- Barn Quilt Art tour through Greene County
Facilities and Games
- Mercantile store with food pastries, coffee, tea, Deli, propane, camping sundries, groceries, dry goods, firewood
- Farm Restaurant – three meals, Southern family style with vegetarian and gluten free choices.
- Huge pool – seasonal – $5
- Game room
- Corn Hole
NON-RIDER CAMPING FEES:
$10 per night non-rider adult
$5 per night children 13 – 17 with paying adult
Children 12 and under free with paying adult
CAMPING FEES FOR HORSEBACK RIDERS:
$15 per night for horse and rider
$10 day parking for horse and rider
- All horse campers and horse trailers with sleeping quarters must be in a designated spot.
- Stalls available in the field.
- Feed available if you should need
- Horseback riders wanting to park for the day, must park in DAY Parking Only.
- Meals are available at Graves Mountain Lodge, please make reservations beforehand. Sandwiches, beverages, snacks, grocery items and much much more are available at Syria Mercantile.