The Graves Mountain Primitive Campground is open with social distancing measures in place–as of Friday, May 15, 2020. Copy
Graves Mountain Campground by Shenandoah National Park in the Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains is OPEN 365 days a year. Primitive camping.
The campground is 7 acres on an 1800 acre farm of woods, meadows, horses, cattle, and crops – all right under Shenandoah National Park in Madison County, Syria VA,
On 25 acres of meadow and trees, we have camping on a “pick your own place” basis.
Camping and Horse-camping by Shenandoah National Park
NO NEED FOR RESERVATIONS – Eddie, who runs the Stables, will stop by and collect the fees. Please see the instruction SIGN upon entering the Campground Field for REGISTRATION FORMS and more information.
- This is rough camping, no water or electric hook-ups.
- Water is available to fill tanks, but no continuous hook-ups.
- Toilets available.
- Dump Station on site $40.00 fee for each use.
- Fishing – fly and lure on 2 mountain streams and 2 ponds – all stocked
- Hiking – 20 miles of trails on the farm – hard ascents and easy strolls. Shenandoah Trails are near.
- Horse-back riding and of course horse camping
- Trail Rides along the mountains, through the fields. $40 one hour.
- Pony rides
- All day treks, half day treks.
- Over-night horse camping
- Horse – get to know class
- Farm tour – ask at the main lodge
- Huge pool – seasonal – $5
- Road biking – we have routes laid out.
- Mountain biking – challenging with rocks and climbs
- Vineyard Tours – four Vineyards with 30 mins. One is just over the hill – DuCard – an excellent experience.
- Craft Brewers tour – four brewers within 30 mins
- Mountain Climbing – with Shenandoah Mountain Guides
- Cascading down mountain streams – with Shenandoah Mountain Guides
- Music Nights around the fire-pit with s’mores – Fri & Sat
- Nature Walks – most Sat mornings – with “In True Nature”.
- Massages – must book ahead
- Touring sights – the historic houses, meandering the byways, Luray Caverns, Skyline Drive
- Antiquing 70,000 sq ft in Ruckersville – 30 mins
- Barn Quilt Art tour through Greene County
Facilities and Games
- Graves Mountain Market with food pastries, coffee, tea, deli, propane, camping sundries, groceries, dry goods, firewood
- Farm Restaurant – three meals, Southern family style with vegetarian and gluten free choices.
- Huge pool – seasonal – $5
- Game room
- Corn Hole
NON-RIDER CAMPING FEES:
$10 per night non-rider adult
$5 per night children 13 – 17 with paying adult
Children 12 and under free with paying adult
CAMPING FEES FOR HORSEBACK RIDERS:
$15 per night for horse and rider
$10 day parking for horse and rider
- All horse campers and horse trailers with sleeping quarters must be in a designated spot.
- Stalls available in the field.
- Feed available if you should need
- Horseback riders wanting to park for the day, must park in DAY Parking Only.
- Meals are available at Graves Mountain Lodge, please make reservations beforehand. Sandwiches, beverages, snacks, grocery items and much much more are available at Syria Mercantile.